keskiviikko 19. syyskuuta 2012

Examples on what kind of goals you should set yourself


For today, i will continue with the subject that has been covered in my 2 earlier posts.
Here are some proven examples of what are good goals to set yourself.

Some good goals


In this blog I’ve given you a lot to think, so to help and start your imagination, I’d like
to give you some ideas for how to write your goal list.





For example these would be for a woman:


I am so happy and thankful now that I am 12% body fat!
I am losing body fat and reaching my goal weight of 50 kgs and my goal body fat of 13%
by June 1st.
I am fitting into my new stretch jeans, size 5, by early December.
My summer dress from the summer of 2007 fits me perfectly and I am wearing
it during my winter vacation in the Caribbean.
I am learning enough about my body, diet and training in general that I am easily staying within 2-3
kgs of my optimal weight for the rest of my life.
I am celebrating the New Year with clearly visible abs.
I wake up every morning at 6 to fit in my cardio before 7, yes, I am a morning person!
I eat 5-6 meals a day with proper ratios of lean protein, carbohydrates and fats always on time
at 3 hour intervals.
I stay well hydrated by drinking at least 3 litres of water every day.
I'm to constantly improving my body and optimize my genetic potential.
I deserve to be healthy and superbly fit.
I am developing proper eating and consistent work out habits that are so integrated into my
lifestyle that they stay with me for the rest of my life.


And here are good goals for men:


I am so happy and thankful now that my body fat is 8% and I look super!
I can see my toes completely when I look down.
I am surprising my friends and family who I have not seen in a while by the way I look at
summer time.
I am keeping up these healthy lifestyle changes when the 12-week program is over.
I am reaching my ideal weight and body fat composition by May so I can show off my
new body in the summertime.
I always carry my goal card with me and read it as often as possible
I am reaching my goal of 13% body fat and 90 kgs by May 31st. I know this is
might be little challenge but it is my dream for the summer. I can do it!
I am buying all new clothes to show off my new, fit body: Suits, nice shirts, nice
casual clothes.
I am now leaner than I was 45 minutes ago (after finishing your cardio workout)
I am taking on being a body builder and learning about how to build my body
I design my weekends and vacations to include healthy activities.
I eat six, medium sized meals every day, each with a serving of lean protein and a
complex, all natural carbohydrates

Those are very good to start with, but of course, it's good to make up some of your own goals too!


Now what you should do every time you reach a goal?

Every time you achieve your goal, there's 3 things you should do:

1. Celebrate and/or reward yourself. Great CEO's, great parents and great
animal trainers all have one thing in common: They all know how to
continually get their subject, whether it's employees, children or animals,
to repeat the behaviors they desire. They do it by rewarding the behaviors
they want more of. And that's exactly what you should do –
reinforce your success by rewarding yourself. Did you have a great week of
training? If so, go out and squander! Have a “cheat meal.” Eat some
pizza or kebab. Treat yourself. Get a massage. Go
shopping. Buy yourself something you’ve always wanted. And don’t feel
guilty when you really deserve it!


2. Keep a list of goals you've achieved. It’s been said that success breeds more
success. That’s why you should start a “collection” of all your successes, kind of like prizes.
You will reach many, many small goals on your way to your ultimate goal.
Write all of them down on an “achieved goal list.” Any time you feel your
motivation or enthusiasm flagging, go back and read your list of past
successes. This is a sure way to lift your spirits when you’re feeling
discouraged. Even after a few short months, you’ll absolutely amaze yourself
at how big your list will become and how easily you can get motivated by
reflecting on your past successes!


3. Set new goals all the time. Goal setting never stops – it’s progressing process.
In truth, there never really is an ultimate goal because if there were, and you
reached it, what then? When the day arrives that you no longer have any goals,
your life ceases to have meaning. There's always something bigger to set your goal at!
Success is traveling towards the goal, not the goal itself.
Anthony Robbins wrote in Unleash the Power Within, “The only
true security in life comes from knowing that every single day you are
improving yourself in some way – that you are increasing the caliber of who
you are. I don’t ever worry about maintaining the quality of my life, because
every day I work on improving it.”

You should stop reading right now and set your goals right away!

To conclude this post, I'd like to tell you why you should stop reading right now
this very minute and write down your goals - Yes - NOW.


I read about this guy, who had read a great article by known champion bodybuilder,
and was so impressed with its contents that shortly after that purchased
his VHS-tape series which were instructional bodybuilding cassettes. In those tapes,
the instructor discussed the importance of goal setting. As he watched the bit of cassette
containing goal setting, the instructor urged viewers to "pause the cassette now and
do the goal setting exercise. Now."

There was a short pause in the VHS and then he came back on and repeated the instructions.
He said:  "If you just kept watching and you didn't pause the cassette and
write your goals on a list, stop the tape and do it. NOW." Guess what the viewer did?
He ignored that bit completely and said to himself (propably many of you are thinking the same!): "I know what my goals are, I don't need to do any "vain" goal setting training, and continued watching the tape.


Eight years later, he found himself having achieved some medium success
in many areas of his life, including bodybuilding and fitness, but he was frustrated because he hadn't
reached his biggest and most important goals and couldn’t figure out why was that. Then he thought
about VHS series he had watched. He recalled that even though he definitely knew what he
wanted, he never sat to write his goals down and repeat them every single day.

Frustrated with the moderate results, he consented and went back to the goal setting
exercise he had laughed off eight years earlier. Sure enough, the next year he won three
bodybuilding titles and within a few years after committing his goals to
writing and reading the goal list every day, he had accomplished every goal he initially had written down!

So right after reading this, go and make your goal list and write out your 3 month
goal on a small card or on your phone, so that it will always be with you . 
Don't worry if it's not "perfect" in your mind, important thing is just to start
writing. You can always go back to it later and edit. Do it now!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti